The Horizon EX79 Elliptical has all the features you want to get a killer workout. You know, the power incline, the 20 resistance levels, the speaker system, etc. The real beauty? You can still just get on and go.
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Features
•SixStar Certified™ platform gives the most natural feel you’ll find on an elliptical
•Heavy 17.6-lb flywheel provides additional stability and an even smoother ride
•We can’t stop with the comfort: Ergonomically shaped footpads add even more
•20 resistance levels, 12 programs with goal tracking plus 20-level power incline give you plenty of options for keeping your workout fresh
•Longer 2-year parts warranty eliminates worry
Designed for Every Body
We did a lot of research and testing to come up with a way to ensure that you’ll get the most comfortable elliptical experience possible. In essence, that’s what our SixStar Certification™ means for you: The Horizon EX79 platform maintains ideal body positioning throughout your workout. So every time you step on, you can focus your energy on exercising and not on watching your form. The EX79 does that part for you
A Step Above
Our unique gel-cushioned arched pedals promote natural foot rotation for greater comfort throughout your workout.
The 20-level power incline takes your elliptical workout to new heights. Pair that with the 20 electronic resistance levels, and you get seemingly unlimited options to vary the intensity of your workout and to target specific muscle groups.
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Product Specifications
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Frame
• Frame Type SixStar Certified™ Elliptical Frame
• Incline Type Power Incline
• Incline Range 20 Levels
• Stride Length Extra-Long, 51 cm / 20"
• Flywheel 8 kg / 17.6 lbs
• Pedal Type Oversized Foot Pedals, MaxTone™ Gel-Cushioned Arch Support
• Step-On Height 25 cm / 10"
• Pedal Spacing 0 cm / 0"
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Console
• Display Type 14.6 cm / 5.75" Blue Backlit LCD
• Workout Feedback Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, Heart Rate, Program Level, Watts
• Programs 12 Programs - Manual, Speed Intervals, Endurance Intervals, Peak Intervals, Cardio Burn, Muscle Toner, Strength Builder, Nature Trail, Peak Descent, Mountain Climb, Custom 1, Custom 2
• Heart Rate Contact Grips
• Speakers MP3-Compatible Speakers, Audio-In Jacks
• Workout Tracking GoalCenter™ Performance Tracking
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Extras
Extras COOLfit™ Personal Fan, Water Bottle Holder, Reading Rack, Accessories Tray
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Resistance System
Resistance System ECB Magnetic Brake
Resistance Levels 20 Levels
Horizon EX79 Elliptical Tech Specs
Power Requirements 110 - 120 Volt Circuit
Assembled Dimensions (L x W x H) 190 x 56 x 165 cm / 75 x 22 x 65"
Assembled Weight 91 kg / 200 lbs
Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H) 132 x 76 x 48 cm / 52 x 30 x 19"
Shipping Weight 102 kg / 224 lbs
User Weight Capacity 147 kg / 325 lbs
Horizon Fitness EX-79-2 Elliptical Trainer
Pulse grips on the conveniently located handlebars let you track heart rate data throughout your workout. The SIXStar Certified EX79 elliptical machine, from well known fitness equipment maker Horizon, features 20 levels of power incline that let you train more muscles, for better and faster results...
- Elliptical machine features 20 levels of power incline that let you train more muscles, for better and faster results
- Long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match natural motion; heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance for smooth, quiet, consistent starts and stops
- Front-drive design and low step-on height; SIXStar Certified platform derived from extensive biomechanics research and user panel testing
- Measures 22 by 65 by 75 inches (W x H x D), with 325-pound user capacity; 1-to-20 electronic resistance range via 17.6-pound flywheel; 0-to-100% elevation range at 5% intervals (16-degree range)
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame and brake; two years on parts; and one year on elevation motor and labor
Horizon EX79 Elliptical USER REVIEWS
DBB (Bear, DE)
Was new to the elliptical market and did quite a bit of research while wading through the countless reviews of both inexpensive and very expensive units. It appeared as if the $1,000.00 price point was where one needed to serious look at for a semi-pro unit, with the needed features, and designed to hold up after rigorous use. Picked up the EX79-02 and have been very satisfied. Have had no issues even after weeks of use, no noises, clicking or rattling, and we are now working on customizing workouts now to move beyond the stock (plentiful) programs. Highly recommended, watch out for step 2 in the install guide for a small bolt part number typo, and set it up where you
HappyCustomer (Apex, NC)
Excellent so far...
Bought EX-79 about 3 months ago. Horizon replaced the broken part during delivery promptly with no issues or delays. We use the elliptical at least thrice a week for 45 minute each. The elliptical is very quiet (on a carpeted floor) and performs very well. No issues so far.. Display and the buttons are very easy to learn and use once you get a hang of it. Being able to connect my iphone for music is really nice with good speaker volume. The only reason I gave 4 star is that I don't think the elliptical is calculating the calories burnt correctly. Irrespective of the incline percentage or the level, the calorie burnt seem to be exactly the same at the end of the lap. It's not a big deal for me. But it may be for some. But overall, an excellent product and would definitely recommend it.
tried models that were 2,500 and gave them a thumbs down. For the money this elliptical is more bang for the buck than the more expensive models.
my husband was impressed by the secure packaging! he set it up smoothly! and now I LOVE using it!!! it is letting me reach my fitness goals! The only trouble now is getting me off of this machine! It is so comfortable to use. I love the controls! excellent machine!!!